Family Stories - Landers
12.30,2017
12.30,2017
Hi Joy,
Just enjoyed reading the family history. I admire your hard work and want to provide some added info.
On the Avram Lander family: Avram's son, Herman Lander was in the honey business while studying at NYU. He went on to become an importer and exporter of honey products and lived in Brooklyn with his wife, Freda. They retired to Florida where he died at the age of 90, He had no children.
Herman's sisters, Freda Lander Whiteman and Ethel Lander Becker lived in New Haven and did not have children either.
His sister, HANNAH LANDER SOHCOT was my mother and also lived in New Haven.
My (Judy's) mother, Hannah, was born in Atlanta and had nice memories of that city. She moved to New Haven when she was quite young.
My (Judy's) mother, Hannah, was born in Atlanta and had nice memories of that city. She moved to New Haven when she was quite young.
My brother, Arthur, z"l, was a lawyer in San Francisco and was married to Sandra Goodman. They had one daughter, Hilary Sohcot who is married to Evan Bass, lives in San Francisco and has one daughter, Ariana Bass.
I, Judy, have three daughters, all married and with two children each.
Beth Dayen (daughters- Daniela and Elana),
Laura Stuckey (sons- Clay and Nathan),
Karen Parecki (daughter- Alexandra and son- Joshua).
Laura lives in Dallas, Texas. Beth in Santa Clara, CA. Karen in San Mateo.
Going back to Avram, he also had a grocery store in Atlanta. There was an issue with a brother-in-law who supposedly did something that caused the store to go under. Avram was assisted in starting a new business in New Haven by a cousin with the same name. Avram also lived in Hartford at some time before Atlanta.
I have nice memories of seeing the Russ family in New Haven, and visits from the Cohens who lived in Brooklyn.
I still remember Morris Russ's store in New Haven.
We lived within walking distance of the Russ home on 176 Goffe Terrace, New Haven.
I have some old pictures that I hope to send when I can.
Judy Sohcot Winkelstein
Anita Cutler Roth is related. She is a daughter or granddaughter of the Kalish branch.
Shelly Gibson is her daughter. Shelly has a son and a daughter.
Anita's son,z"l died a couple years ago.
GENi's 3 Lander Family Trees added by Joy Krauthammer
Hannah's Tree and also Etel and Natan's Tree (wider) and Pearl Lander Belmazie very partial tree
Anita Cutler Roth is related. She is a daughter or granddaughter of the Kalish branch.
Shelly Gibson is her daughter. Shelly has a son and a daughter.
Anita's son,z"l died a couple years ago.
GENi's 3 Lander Family Trees added by Joy Krauthammer
Hannah's Tree and also Etel and Natan's Tree (wider) and Pearl Lander Belmazie very partial tree



+Joy.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi,
I enjoy sharing with you, the life of my beloved Grandma Ethel and her family.
I look forward to receiving from you, photos of you, and your ancestors.
Thank you for visiting. Feel free to leave a message for me.
BlesSings,
Joy